Selected Clients and Experience
We enjoy long-term client engagements.
Ongoing, international client since 2006.
- Managing the content of employee website, which provides company news, tools and business-critical resources for employees.
- Services provided to client (ongoing relationship since 2006):
- Usability studies
- Website project management
- Intranet site redesign
- SharePoint support
- Maintain WordPress site, meglobal.biz
Analytical Instrument Manufacturer
Ongoing, Switzerland-based client since 2013.
- Writing and Editing for the Web
- Relyea Design conducted usability studies for new corporate intranet. Worked virtually with employees in multiple international locations, such as China, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Editing intranet content for web readability and adherence to native English.
- Updating Corporate Writing Guidelines content and building in SharePoint.
First Green Foundation
(Now merged with Golf Course Superintendents Assn. of America)
STEM Education on the Golf Course.
- Consultant to newly-merged organization.
- Worked with Executive Director on speech preparation/strategy; created PowerPoints and co-presented to boards.
- Provided content for magazines and bloggers in golf industry.
- Increased awareness of First Green using marketing communications tools: website content management, newsletter development, mail list management, media relations and social media strategy.
- Developed workshops and training materials, presented at workshops and webinars. Facilitated meetings.
Mary Jo Piper
Global Public Affairs Director (retired)
"I have worked with Cathy Relyea over the course of two decades, where she has assumed a variety of different roles, including cross-functional, traditional and electronic communications tactics and strategies. She has proven to be an instrumental team leader in the creation and development of global employee awareness and change management programs.I have always been impressed with Cathy’s creativity and problem-solving which emanate primarily from her listening skills. She has a unique talent for working with diverse audiences, oftentimes across cultures, to arrive at winning solutions. Over the years Relyea Design has earned my trust by demonstrating a desire to 'get the job done right,' all while balancing patience and not sacrificing deadlines."
Armstead Consulting, Inc., President
"Cathy Relyea has a unique ability to tell stories visually. As a consultant and coach, she works equally well with small business owners, non-profit organizations, and large established corporate entities. She knows what it takes to assist clients in clarifying what they want customers to know and how to tell that story most effectively. Many of us need help visually and she offers images, colors and text that resonate.
Relyea Design Asks Questions"Her deep technical knowledge is combined with the ability to ask the right questions, provide timely feedback, and be both direct and caring. It takes all of these skills to work effectively, especially where clients are not clear themselves on best strategies for what they want to achieve. Cathy’s attention to detail, her strong editing capabilities and the fact that she never misses any deadline are reassuring to clients who need to focus on running their organizations and not worry about Cathy delivering what she has committed to do."
Golf Industry Writer and co-founder of the NW Golf Media Association
"I worked closely with Cathy in a variety of areas during my seven years as President of First Green. My goal with the nonprofit was to make the national press and other entities keenly aware of the program. Cathy was a huge part of that successful effort, which culminated with the nonprofit program merging with the Golf Course Superintendents of America in July 2018 and allowing it to grow worldwide.
"Cathy was instrumental in helping with this broad-based PR effort. We worked together on press releases; coordinated local TV to ensure coverage of First Green field trips in Portland, Oakland, San Diego and other cities; co-authored video scripts (including one translated into Spanish) while assisting cameramen, producers and on-air talent; generated the look, feel and content of First Green’s website; and ultimately raised the visibility of First Green within the U.S. and abroad.
"Cathy is blessed with a skill set that makes her uniquely talented in areas ranging from print to online to video. She’s smart, motivated and a great listener. Most importantly, she’s fun."
Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, Senior Manager, Chapter Services
"Bringing the First Green program to GCSAA was an exciting and challenging project. I worked closely with Cathy during the First Green onboarding process and couldn’t have done it without her. Her technical skills along with her ability to listen to our needs helped make the transition seamless. I value Cathy’s insight and proactive approach to our collaborations. Whether it’s web design and messaging, or co-presenting a seminar on the First Green program, Cathy has been a valued partner in every aspect. I simply couldn’t have done it without her. I highly recommend her services."
Would you like to start a project with us?
Call or click. Let's talk!